"I was admitted to hospital with ..."

About: The Princess Royal Hospital (Telford)

I was admitted to hospital with pancreatitis and spent most of my time on Ward 14. The care I received from consultants, doctors and the nursing staff was excellent. Nothing was too much trouble for them and although much of my stay was quite traumatic and painful I felt safe and cared for. The kindness they showed to my husband was also exceptional.

My only suggestion for improvement is the heating system. The hot house temperatures on the wards are a dreadful waste of energy/resources. Windows needed to be kept open and fans were in constant use. How about some thermostats? I was told that the heating is also kept on during the summer when temperatures are often unbearable.

Many, many thanks to all the staff involved in my care.

Response from The Princess Royal Hospital

Thank you for providing comments about our services. We aim to provide high quality services for all of our patients, and we are pleased to hear that your experience matched up to our aspirations.

Thank you for your specific feedback about heating, which we have sent to the Estates Department for their consideration.

Since this site is anonymous your contact details are not shared with us. However, if any members of our staff (or the whole team!) were particularly deserving of thanks or recognition then you can nominate them for the Chairman's Award (see www.sath.nhs.uk/about/awards.asp for more details).

More information about how to make comments, compliments and complaints about our services can be found on our website at www.sath.nhs.uk

Thanks again for taking the time to comment on our services.