"Mixed Feeling"

About: Bishop Auckland Hospital

After NHS 111 gave excellent service I feel that the reception at Urgent care could do with a shake up. Obviously disinterested and not even acknowledging we were there whilst the receptionist prepared an envelope. I sent my daughter to sit down while I stood and waited for her to finish her task, a simple be with you in a moment would have been appreciated. Left me feeling I was an interruption and would wait until SHE decided I would be acknowledged. A lesson in customer service wouldn't go amiss as that is what they are there for and feel someone needs to remind them. Would have done it myself at the time but my daughter was ill. Couldn't understand why there was such a long wait as only one other person was seen whilst we were there and no other arrivals while we waited. On a positive the Dr was lovely, gave good advice and NHS 111 were excellent would have preferred to leave out the middle man, just get an automatic check in.....

Response from Bishop Auckland Hospital

The Trust is grateful for all feedback, positive or negative, as it means we can better understand what is important to our patients. Thank you for leaving your comments on NHS Choices. Patient Experience Team County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust Tel: 0800 783 5774