"E N T"

About: Grantham & District Hospital

I was referd to the Ear Nose and Throat Clinic last Oct by my docter the first oppointment was in Dec The specialist was very good and said I needed a new hearing aid this I had to wait until march was very pleased with it as I could hear well at last got home took it out and the tube came out with it couldn't have been fitted properly so another 2 weeks for an appointment The specialist told me that any problems at all with my ears to go back to see him Had a lot of discharge coming out of my ear so mae an appointment with his secertery for last Thursday Dr percribed antibioctic tablets ear drops and ear spray when I got home checked my percription the ear drops were eye drops an the ear spray said not to be used if you have a perforated eardrum which I have Phoned pharmastry up they told me not to use them over the weekend and then phone hospital been trying to get in touch with his secretary allday even left a message so will try again tomorrow sorry about the spelling mistakes

Response from Sharon Kidd, Patient Experience and Engagement Manager, Patient Experience, United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Sylvia

I am sorry read that you have had a few issues with the medicine that was prescribed to you following your recent appointment. I have spoken to your consultant's secretary and the pharmacy department at Grantham Hospital today and have been told that they have phoned you back to allay your concerns regarding the medications.

We are sorry that both the doctor and the pharmacy staff did not make it clear to you that the eye spray which you were prescribed is routinely used for ear infections.

Sorry once again for our lack of communication.