About: Airedale General Hospital

After spending time on the gynaecology ward at Airedale I was very dissatisfied with the care I received. The nurses who dealt with my care had no concept of confidentiality. (When addressing the side effects of the medication I was about to take the nurse addressed the room full of patients who were taking the same medication instead of taking the time to go to each individual, maybe close the curtains?) The anaesthetist seemed to have the same problem with confidentiality. I saw no compassion in any of the nurses I was cared for by and it made my experience 10 times worse. I would never recommend this ward to anyone and would rather travel further afield for better care.

Response from Airedale General Hospital

We apologise for the delay in replying to your posting and are very sorry that you were dissatisfied with the care you received whilst a patient at Airedale Hospital. We would very much welcome being able to discuss your experience with you personally and urge you to contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on 01535 294019 so that arrangements can be made.