About: King's Mill Hospital

My Uncle was first admitted to The Royal, Chesterfield 9 March 2014 with broken hip. The surgery to repair was a hip replacement, this was successful. On the 23 March his Doctor stated was happy to release him to rehab, from this day he has been either sat in a chair or in bed getting weaker in mind and body he is 96 year old. The only light in his dreary life was being moved to Kings Mill Hospital 15 April, ward 41, not so nice when he was put straight into an isolation room. Today as I write this I have just tried to talk to social services and PALS but no one is there to answer the phone, my Uncle has at last been told he will be going home with a care package. He is so weak in mind and body what ever time remains for him has been spoilt by red tape and stupidity that has kept him in this situation. He remains in an isolation room, yesterday 24 April the scheduled 3pm observation visit just didn't happen, we left at 4.15 and realised he was being ignored, it seems he is being treated like a leper instead of the 96 year old who has worked all his life and has this nightmare to live through as payment. We are disgusted at the way he has been treated during the last 7 weeks.

Response from King's Mill Hospital

Thank you for your comments. We have spoken to PALS who have advised they may have spoken to you late last week. If you still require the teams assistance please contact them again on 01623 672222 and they will be happy to assist further.