"Maternity midwives cannot be bothered. Not..."

About: Warrington Hospital

Attended this unit in labour and was sent home in terrible pain. Had to return shortly after as baby was coming. Ward was empty so no understaffing to blame. They just wanted us out and fobbed us off. Midwives cannot be bothered. Noticed notes not being filled in at time of visit and attitude was one of if you are still calm and smiling then you are not in proper labour. Checks not properly done on arrival. No monitoring offered or attempted. Just a cursory hand held monitor for 30 seconds. Very unprofessional. Was interested to read lately that planned operations have been transferred to Halton hospital. I think births should be transferred to there as well. I will certainly not be having my next child in Warrington maternity unit.

Response from Warrington Hospital

We're sorry to hear that you didn't have the best experience during your maternity care. We do have a clear admissions policy that aims to make sure mums stay active until they are in labour but that doesn't' excuse you feeling as though you weren't properly listened to. We've passed your feedback on to the team.