"Expeditious and efficient treatment"

About: Kingston Hospital

I arrived at Kingston Hospital A&E on a very busy Saturday afternoon (with what turned out to be a complicated wrist fracture), the waiting area was completely full with patients and escorts and I expected to be waiting to be seen for some time. The receptionist, however, realised more than I did at the time that I needed to be seen soon and had me escorted through to the treatment area as soon as she had taken basic personal details. I was assessed by the A&E consultant on duty within 15 minutes, she quickly administered a anaesthetic block to the injury site, arranged for x-rays, reduced and immobilised the fracture assisted.by a nurse and had it re-x-rayed, all within a further 30 minutes. As it then became clear that surgical intervention was needed, she arranged for a review with the orthopaedic team, no more than 30 minutes later this had happened and I was given the option to have the operation the following morning (Sunday) and to either be admitted overnight or return the following morning for surgery.

Response from Kingston Hospital

Thank you for your positive feedback we have passed your comments onto the A&E team.