"I felt I mattered and wasn't 'just another job'"

About: Fairfield General Hospital

Admitted to Day Surgical Unit - Ward 12 - for a laryngo/pharyngo procedure. The consultant is a lovely man who, from my initial consultation at Oldham Hospital, put me at ease, took time to examine my throat thoroughly and listened to my concerns. He explained things to me and was very reassuring. He also took time to greet me as I went into surgery. All the staff on the ward 12 were friendly, helpful and reassuring as were the Anesthetists and Recovery Room staff. Have no worries if you are admitted to this ward as you are well looked after. Only downside of my experience was having to be being admitted at 7.30am and not being scheduled for my procedure until after lunchtime (1.15pm) - I understand that times can't be exact but waiting so long after fasting overnight, coupled with the natural anxiety one feels, is difficult.

Response from Fairfield General Hospital

Thank you for leaving your comment regarding your visit to the Day Service Unit and ward 12 at Fairfield General Hospital. We are pleased you were happy with the service we provided for you, we are also pleased you felt well looked after, however, if you feel you would like to discuss the concerns you have, please contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS).On 0161 604 5897. We will also forward your comment to the department manager.