"Big mistake"

About: West Middlesex University Hospital

My wife is expecting a child and we had to visit the maternity unit last night for the first time, the senior midwife did not greet us by a hello or good evening. She was very stuck up and rude , we were left sitting for two hours, once tread we were told my wife needs anti biotics but the hospital pharmacy is closed. When asked what to do now she loudly replied, "well you should come in the daytime when you want to be seen" The room that we were in was filthy, floors were dirty , bed was horrible, with dirt all around the base. what a joke! if she had pains in the evening then we should wait till the morning! this was definately a night shift worker and i am going to talk to my GP to see if we can possibley change to Queen Charlottes. This hospital is horrible and i no longer wish to take my wife and unborn child there anymore.

Response from West Middlesex University Hospital

We are concerned to hear about your, and especially your wife’s, recent experiences. We would like to investigate this fully so that we can provide you with a detailed response. Please get in touch via our PALS team by emailing pals.service@wmuh.nhs.uk or calling 020 8321 6261. Stephanie Stevenson-Shand Acting General Manager Women and Children's Division.