"care for my mother with dementia"

About: Milton Keynes Hospital

My elderly mother was admitted to A&E last evening 8pm (7th April) via ambulance from the Care Home where she resides. She had an escort from the home as she has Vascular Dementia and I met her there at 8.20pm. My mother had been knocked down by another resident at the home and was complaining of several pains. I wish to state that the care Mum received by all staff was exemplary (from Staff nurse, through Doctor, x-ray dept, porter, other nurses on duty) I cannot fault anyone of them. Amazingly for the A&E Dept, we were only there for approx 3.5 hrs (it has taken much longer on prev occasions) and this was also waiting for blood results. I was then able to return to the Care Home with her (but we had been offered a bed if necessary as it was very late) I cannot praise all concerned enough and Mum's dignity was preserved at all times. I must state that this is doubly important for a person suffering with Dementia as they are usually unaware of what is going on.

Response from Milton Keynes Hospital

Thank you very much for your positive comments regarding Milton Keynes Hospital. It is always very much appreciated by staff when patients and their families take the time to give feedback on their experience and your comments will be shared with all staff involved. Please accept are apologise for the length of time it has taken to reply. Thank you.