"Our experience at this very traumatic time."

About: Basildon University Hospital

I would just like to thank all the staff in the hospital following a RTA that my parents had two weeks, ago the Ambulance Crew were fanastic, A&E staff were excellent and very compassionate to there needs as a couple, Bulphan Ward whilst Mum was in there for two weeks were fantastic, the Patient Transport guys were patient and considerate to Mum at all times, and now we have follow up appointments, all departments have been polite to me, and the person in Patient Transport arranging the transport to the clinics has been fantastic. Oh forgot the person in Occupational Therapy very help full advising me of mums needs. I only have one negative and it is really not that important but mum was discharged at 3.30 ish in the afternoon and we were told that she would be brought home but it wasn't till 8.00 so she had not dinner and was exhausted waiting for that amount of time. 9/10

Response from Basildon University Hospital

We are pleased that your parents recent experience of care at Basildon and Thurrock University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust was a good one. We will forward your kind words to the staff in A&E, and on Bulphan Ward. We will also let the occupational therapists know that they have been mentioned aswell. i'm sory that the discharge process wasn't as you would have expected, and I will pass on your concerns to the site team. Thank you for taking the time to post your comments.