"Emergency admission with pnuemonia"

About: Conquest Hospital

After being admitted by ambulance, the treatment I received was excellent. It was quickly diagnosed I had pnuemonia and was admitted to a room on Newington Ward. The treatment I had was excellent, and the nursing and care staff could not have been more attentive. I have never been admitted to hospital before as an emergency (previous admissions have been for planned surgery) and was amazed how efficient and kind everyone was. The food was another huge surprise - tasty and moist. There are so many detractors from the NHS that I felt I had to write in favour of the service I have received. I have been in private hospitals in London, Canada and Spain and frankly, the treatment I received at the Conquest matches up very favourably. A great thank you to the consultant and his team and all the staff on Newington.

Response from Conquest Hospital

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide detailed feedback. It's very pleasing to read your positive comments about the food and the care and attention you received from the staff on Newington ward and our Emergency department. They will be very pleased and encouraged to recieve a copy of your posting. We send our best wishes and hope that you make a speedy recovery.