"Emergency Optometrist"

About: The Great Western Hospital

I had an Emergency Optometrist appointment due to extreme eye pain. The doctor I saw was with very little exception one of the most rudest Doctors I have ever been treated by. His customer care was terrible. He spoke to me as if I was an inconvenience to him. He spoke at me, not to me or even with me. Any question I asked, he was quite dismissive. I was in pain and he was very unsympathetic and very short with me. His customer care left a lot to be desired. I mentioned to the reception staff of his attitude and I was told 'I bet I know who you saw... Oh yes, you are not the first to say that!' I understand that he had probably a busy day, but general courtesy is not a lot to ask. I must say that everyone else involved in my care was very good and they could not have done more for me.

Response from The Great Western Hospital

Thank you for your comments. I'm really sorry that your experience of the customer care given by the doctor wasn't as it should have been. I will make sure that the manager of ophthalmology is made aware of your comments so that they can raise them with the doctors to try and improve the level of service given in the future.