"Glaucoma clinic"

About: Moorfields Eye Hospital (City Road)

I was referred to Moorfields by my GP after a routine eye-test suggested that I was showing signs of a condition known as retinal pigmentation - which neither I nor my GP had ever heard of. On arrival at Moorfields I was rather worried to find myself in the glaucoma clinic (glaucoma never having been previously mentioned as a possibility). Everyone seemed incredibly well-organised: I was given a comprehensive battery of tests by the support staff and finally saw the consultant who examined me, explained what retinal pigmentation was and assured me that I was not suffering either from that or from glaucoma. I was enormously impressed and massively reassured by the experience: obviously because I was told that there was nothing much wrong with me apart from incipient age-related cataract but also because the testing was extremely comprehensive and I therefore felt that I could rely on the assurances I was given.

Response from Moorfields Eye Hospital (City Road)

Thank you for letting us know about your good experience. I have passed your comments on to the glaucoma team.