"He put me at ease"

About: Community Health Services / Community physiotherapy Whiston Hospital / Trauma and orthopaedics

I went to see Gareth the physio because I have a bulging disc. He examined me and told me I'd need to go for a scan at Whiston Hospital. I'd never had a scan before but he put me totally at ease and explained to me what was involved.

After the scan, I went back to see Gareth and he told exactly what was wrong. He explained that I have spinal stenosis. He arranged for a referral for me to see a consultant about this and gave me a choice of hospital. I chose Whiston as it's nearer my home.

Response from Jacqui Sellek, PALS Coordinator, 5 Boroughs Partnership NHS Trust

Dear Disc36

Thank you for letting us know about your experience when accessing the services we provide. Your comments and feedback is greatly valued and will be passed to the relevant staff who will be very pleased to hear from you.

With kind regards

Response from Whiston Hospital

We are always pleased to receive positive feedback about your experience and our staff.

This recognises their hard work and dedication to ensure that you have a positive experience as a patient with us. We can assure you that your feedback has been sent to the department so that your comments can be shared with the wider team.