"Impacted wisom removal"

About: Huddersfield Royal Infirmary

I would class myself as a highly anxious patient. I really was scared at the thought of needles, and having both bottom horizontally impacted wisdom teeth taken out. A few hours after my operation and I can wholeheartedly say there was no need for any fear. After arrival, I had a general check on my health, current meds etc. This was followed by a discussion with the anaesthetist, and then the consultant. I was last on the list for surgery so had a little wait, but it really wasn't an issue. Walking in to the theatre certainly got me going, but I honestly did not feel the anaesthetic being administered, and the next thing I knew I was waking up in recovery 75 minutes later! I really cannot thank every member of the team enough. I might have had a smile on my face but I was scared (yes, even though i'm 40!) and there was just no need. I can honestly say to anyone feeling anxious about having their impacted wisdoms taken out, you are in great hands, it really will be all over before you know it, and I personally have nothing but good to say about the team.

Response from Huddersfield Royal Infirmary

We are really plesed to hear that all went smoothly with your operation and are grateful to you for providing such positive feedback. Our staff will be delighted to ready your comments. Many thanks for taking the time to post your views, we hope you are recovering well!