"Keeping to appointments times"

About: Royal Preston Hospital

My name is Anthony Entwistle. I have recently had a kidney transplant at MRI. Today 16th April 2014 I had my first renal appointment at PRI, the time I was given was 10am and I didn't get in to see the doctor until just after 12pm. What is the point of an appointment system if we have to wait for 2hrs or more? If that wasn't bad enough when I had finished with the doctor I was then sent to have my bloods done which involved another lengthy wait.I left home this morning at 9am and didn't arrive back home until 3pm and I only live 20mins away down the motorway. I find this arrangement totally unacceptable.

Response from Royal Preston Hospital

Thank you for providing feedback about the service we provide. Please accept our apologies for the delay you experienced. Your comments have been noted and will be reviewed to identify opportunities for improvement and any actions that may be necessary. If you would like to provide further details, or would like a personal response, please email customer.care@lthtr.nhs.uk, or you can speak with our PALS team on 01772 522972.