"Just the sort of person you needed in that situation"

About: Salisbury District Hospital South Western Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust / Emergency ambulance

I called an ambulance last Thursday at 8am (no. 917) and Paul and Val were the lovely people that picked me up and took me to Salisbury hospital. They were both such lovely people and I wanted to pass my compliments on.

I had had a heart attack and Val (Paul was driving) was j, she was very reassuring. She asked me to let them know how they got on. When I arrived at Salisbury they fitted a stent in my heart to solve the problem short term need some more stuck in there in due course, but I am very well for the time being.

Dear Pattern153

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am glad to hear that you are recovering well.

I would like to ne able to pass your thanks onto Val and Paul for you. In order to do this I will need to know the address that the ambulance attended. Could I please ask you to contact me, at your convenience, at laura.martin@swast.nhs.uk?

King regards

Response from Salisbury NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for sharing your feedback - we are pleased to hear tht you are curently well and hope that your future treatment goes well too.

Response from Salisbury District Hospital

Thank you for your feedback. While we do not manage the ambulance service I'm sure they would be pleased with your comments. In terms of your care at Salisbury District Hospital, I'm glad that we were able to solve the problem in the short term and we wish you well with any future treatment you may need.