"A & E DEpt"

About: Medway Maritime Hospital

I went into the A & E dept on a sunday and had to wait 4 hours. I had a problem with my eye and got diagnosed with a ulcerated eye which needed cream putting on it. I was seen by 2 different professionals (a eye special was one and a normal doctor was another) I had a nurse come out and ask me what was problem was in front of all the other patients. I didnt get asked if I wanted to discuss my problem in a private room (so probably wouldnt be a place to go to if you have a more personal problem). The waiting room was cleanish but couldve done with cleaning the floor (it was a sunny day but still looked dirty ~ maybe from the night before?) . The staff was abrupt and straight to the point which is good if you dont want to have a chat.

Response from Medway Maritime Hospital

I would like to apologise for the experience you had in our department. We are continually working to improve our service and our patient experience and this feedback will be used to work with our staff. If you would like to discuss this further, or indeed would be happy to come and share your experience with your staff, please contact John Fletcher, Senior Matron for the Emergency Department on 01634 830000 x3847.