"I will love those ladies forever"

About: Locala Community Partnerships CIC / Contraception and sexual health (CaSH)

Unfortunately for the first and hopefully the last time in my life, I needed a termination in January this year. I don't have any children yet.

I was frightened and panicking. I felt like a child, scared and alone, despite being in my 30s. I was clear straight away in my mind what I wanted to do. I didn't want to be a single parent, and so I went to see the wonderful ladies at Batley health service.

They were perfect, I didn't feel judged in any way and they were the comfort I needed to make me realise everything would be ok. We talked through all my options and found the right one for me. After the procedure, I got a call a couple of weeks later to ask how I was doing. I was so scared and even now writing this I could cry at the kindness they showed me.

I just wanted a big cuddle and telling everything would be ok and that's exactly what they did. I will love those ladies forever : )

Response from Louise Thornton, Customer Engagement Manager , Adults Planned and Health and Wellbeing Business Unit, Locala Community Partnerships

Hi Petra,

Hi Petra

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such lovely feedback. It is a very difficult time when coming to such decisions and clearly this has been an emotional time for you, we really do appreciate that you have shared your experience of our service.

I am very proud of the staff who provide this service and this kind of feedback just clarifies how caring and committed the team are.

I will pass on your very kind words and thoughts to the team.

Thank you again for such glowing feedback of our service.

The TOP Team