"A wonderful local hospital."

About: Newark Hospital

I would like to show my appreciation for the way my father was cared for at Newark Hospital during the last days of his terminal cancer. He was admitted to Sconce Ward at Newark Hospital in the evening of 13th March 2014. I would like to thank all the nursing staff, support staff and doctors for their excellent care. They all were extremely professional and exceptionally caring in the way they treated him. They ensured his last days were peaceful, comfortable and pain free, and respected his dignity at all times. Everyone involved in his care ' went the extra mile' to try to make sure his every need was met. They were also so kind and thoughtful in their care of us, the visiting family, providing us with support, tea and lots of kindness. They made a difficult time much easier to bear. Thank you again!

Response from Newark Hospital

Please accept our apologies - this was responded to by the PALS team at Newark in March and your kind comments were passed at the time to all staff concerned with your father's care. This comment has been generated again by the NHS Choices Web Site and requires a response to remove it from the system. Sincere apologies for any distress this may cause. pals.nwk@sfh-tr.nhs.uk Direct line: 01636 - 685692