"Urgent care"

About: Trafford General Hospital

Had to attend at 11pm with teen daughter , who had a rather urgent personal problem. The treatment from all the staff could not have been better. The hospital was quiet and we were treated with care and dignity. Cannot praise and thank them enough , only hope and wish that this wonderful free service is maintained for the good of all Trafford residents . From the lady on reception to triage to the young female Dr who treated us , simply the best.

Response from Central Manchester University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for your comments posted on the Patient Opinion website on the 8th March 2014, regarding your daughters experience and care received in the Urgent Care Centre at Trafford General Hospital. It was very kind of you to write and compliment the service as it is good to receive positive feedback which reflects the hard work and dedication of our staff. It was reassuring to read that your daughter received appropriate care at what was obviously a stressful time for both of you. Treating patients with care and dignity is a priority for all Trust staff and I am pleased to see that this is reflected in your posting.

The Patient Experience Team

Central Manchester University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Response from Trafford General Hospital

Thank you for your comments posted on the NHS Choices website on the 8th March 2014, regarding your daughters experience and care received in the Urgent Care Centre at Trafford General Hospital. It was very kind of you to write and compliment the service as it is good to receive positive feedback which reflects the hard work and dedication of our staff. It was reassuring to read that your daughter received appropriate care at what was obviously a stressful time for both of you. Treating patients with care and dignity is a priority for all Trust staff and I am pleased to see that this is reflected in your posting. The new Urgent Care Centre works much in the same way as the previous A&E department and can be visited for the treatment of a wide range of conditions from minor injuries and illnesses to suspected fractures and wounds. The Urgent Care Centre is open daily from 8.00am - midnight and is staffed by a highly skilled team of Accident and Emergency doctors and nurses. I can assure you that we have passed on your thoughts to all the staff within the Urgent Care Centre and I know they will all be thrilled to receive it. I wish you well and hope your daughter is feeling better. The Patient Experience Team Central Manchester University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust