"The only hospital available"

About: Dewsbury & District Hospital

I was sent to A&E at Dewsbury by my doctor as there were no beds available at my nearest hospital. I arrived at A&E and was dealt with quite quickly and moved up onto a ward within 40 minutes of being there. When I arrived on the ward I was told to go bed 3, and someone would be with me in a minute. I got to bed number 3 to see that the pillows had head shapes in them and the covers all ruffled up, with a leg support bandage tucked underneath the pillow. Clearly the bed had not been changed. So I went to sit on the chair next to the bed and as I walked past the table, I was greeted with a lovely bowl of sick. This put me off straight away. After being seen, I was told they couldn't do anything for me until the following day, so I could either stay over night and wait or come back in the morning. I obviously chose the latter. The following day came and needless to say, I did not get seen. I got told that 'the doctor shouldn't have told me that' and to try ringing other hospitals to see if I could go there instead. I tried ringing other hospitals with no joy there to be seen that same day either. Not a happy patient.

Response from Dewsbury & District Hospital

We would be pleased to arrange for this matter to be investigated if the patient would like to contact us directly.