About: King's College Hospital (Denmark Hill)

In the course of my care so far (18 weeks) I have found the staff at Kings disengaged at best and obstructive at worst. They are very quick to tell me that I don't know what I'm talking about and that they can't help me. They are stroppy and they do not make me feel like I am being listened to. I was told by my midwife that I could call the antenatal telephone number for information and advice and I have found them to be reluctant to give both at the other end of the phone. I have also waited hours to be seen at the hospital. When I went to midwives house I was the first appointment of the day and was still seen 15 minutes late. I was even told to wait standing outside because the floors were not yet dry. Really not impressed by the standard of care.

Response from King's College Hospital (Denmark Hill)

I am very sorry that you have had a negative experience of your antenatal care thus far in your pregnancy and that you have experienced difficulties in so many differing aspects of you care. This is not what we would wish to hear from our patients.If you would contact us at PALS we can discuss wehther you might seek our assistance in addressing these issues for yourself and potentially other women attending the service.