"Always a bad experiene"

About: Northampton General Hospital (Acute)

I don't like going into hospital at the best of times but I have a condition which means I have to visit A & E quite alot but the late time I went has to be the worst time off all. I was brought in by ambulance and when I got there I was left on a cubical bed for more than 4 hour without any pain relief and when I kept asking too be seen by someone the staff kept saying they were busy even though there was hardly know one there but doctors and nurses did have enough time too order a pizza. I was finally given a small amount pain relief which didn't help at all but by that point I had enough and discharged myself. Before I did walk out a doctor did see me for about 3 minutes and gave a slip so I could pick up some meds from a dispensary, which I did collect only to find out 3 days later after taking them they were anti depressants. Out off everything I think the cleaners did the best job.

Response from Northampton General Hospital (Acute)

Sorry you had to wait in A&E but we do prioritise patients according to how serious the accident or emergency is. If you require a prescription or treatment for a long-term condition you may be better going to your GP. Thank you for your comments.