"My son is in hospital on Ward ..."
About: Wythenshawe Hospital Wythenshawe Hospital Manchester M23 9LT
What I liked
My son is in hospital on Ward A4 and has been there for two weeks now. On visiting the ward on Sunday, afternoon and evening, the fire door on the ground floor, where the stairs lead up to the wards on the first floor, were open. The area was very cold and I was surprised that the fire door was open, so I tried to shut it. The sign on the door states that it is 'alarmed'. Clearly not - When coming down the stairs following my visit, cigarette smoke was coming through the doors, and up the stairs from patients and visitors who were standing outside smoking. I tried to shut the doors, to be told by the smokers, to leave it unlocked so that they could get back in. There wasn't anyone around to report this to. It's bad enough going home to worry about a sick member of the family in hospital, then also to have the worry of the fire/security aspects of the hospital. Please can someone sort this out.
What could be improved
Security people checking from time to time.