"NHS 24"

About: NHS 24

(as a parent/guardian),

I called NHS 24 this month as my daughter (2years old) had been ill all day, not able to keep water down, was saying that she had a sore tummy, sore head and legs.

When I spoke to the person on the phone they took all my details and tried to pass me to a doctor or nurse on hand, unfortunately there were non available, however the person explained that I would go down as a priority, to keep an eye on my daughter and someone would call me back within 3 hours.

Several days have gone by and I am still waiting on the call. Fortunately my daughter began to feel a bit better on Wednesday evening after me sitting up all night with her terrified it may be meningitis!

Response from Shona Lawrence, Patient Affairs Manager, NHS 24

Dear Mrs Stewart

Thank you for your posting via Patient Opinion. I was very concerned to read of your experience when you contacted our service on behalf of your 2 year old daughter, and would like the opportunity to explore why this happened. I completely understand that this would have been a very worrying time for you.

If you would be kind enough to contact me directly with some additional information, I would be pleased to ask one of our Senior Clinicians to investigate this to establish why a return call was not made.

My direct telephone number is 0141 337 4582 or I can be contacted by email at patientaffairs@nhs24.scot.nhs.uk

I look forward to hearing from you and for the opportunity of investigating this further.

With kind regards