"I believe the process has been delayed "

About: Telford referral and quality service (TRAQS)

(as a service user),

My comment isn’t regarding staff, but more the approach to booking an appointment. Having been referred by my GP in January, TRAQS contacted me to tell me if I wanted an appointment at either one of my local hospitals. Then they would send my referral on to the hospital and they would contact me direct.

While awaiting an appointment, my daughter has fallen ill again and her scan more urgently. However, I believe the process has been delayed due to this additional process.

Response from Cathie McKenzie, Patient Advisor, TRAQS, NHS Telford and Wrekin CCG

Thank you for taking the time to write to TRAQS.

TRAQS is all about patient choice and where possible we aim to book an appointment at the hospital of your choice on your behalf. However, we can not offer appointments at providers if there are none available. In the circumstances, to avoid any unnecessary delay we do try to agree an alternative location with you. If your preference is at a hospital that has no appointments then it is unfortunate that you are put on to a waiting list which TRAQS has no control over.

I am sorry that to date you have still not received an appointment but if, after consideration, you would like to consider an alternative hospital please contact TRAQS and we will do our best to meet your needs.

However, should you still wish to be seen at your local hospital and would like an explanation for the continuing delay for your appointment, please may we direct you the Patient Advice Liaison Officer (PALS) at the appropriate hospital. They will be able to take your concerns further. The relevant telephone numbers are:

PALS PRH - 01952 282888

PALS RSH - 01743 261691

Thank you again for taking the time to respond.