"The doctor I spoke to was very pleasant and reassuring"

About: The Princess Royal Hospital / Accident and emergency

Please pass on my sincere thanks to Telford A&E and the shift Doctor. They were excellent.

I am 52-years-old and try to avoid hospital visits. In the early hours at 1: 30am, I woke with a pounding heart beat and chest tremor. I drove straight to A&E. I was seen quite quickly, blood pressure taken, ECG and x-ray of my chest and blood sample.

The treatment was good and pretty quick. The doctor I spoke to was very pleasant and reassuring. A really nice person.

On the evening I woke up at 11: 30 feeling unwell with the same symptoms. I attended A&E as my doctor who had seen me earlier recommended me to go straight to hospital if unwell. Again my treatment at A&E was professional, blood pressure x2, blood taken and ECG.

Fortunately I was dealt with by the same Doctor who remembered me from my visit two days before. He spent time discussing my symptoms and reassuring me that the tests they completed were okay. He did say that he would write to my GP to hurry up a 24 hour heart monitor.

In March I received my appointment for the monitor.

Response from The Princess Royal Hospital

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am so pleased to hear that everything went well and do hope that you are now fully recovered. Kind regrds Patient Experience team