"Vile hospital."

The national psychosis unit is a disgusting. They treat people like lab rats. They did not listen to my concerns, I was discharged with no further support after two and a half years admission in different hospitals. The nurses would fall asleep when I was on 1:1. They would frequently speak in different languages. I was restrained by two men for trying to leave me room with no explanation why. I was restrained many times while I was there. The two years in previous hospitals I was never restrained. Since leaving that hospital and been in others and I having been restrained. I was discharged in a worse place than when I went in. The consultant didn't listen to me at all, they would increase medication above the BNF with no thought for my physical health. Over all it was a complete waste of time. It cost a lot of Money to refer me there that my area had to pay for. The treatment I received there was no more specialist than what I would have gotten in my local. Property kept going missing. I could go on.

Response from Bill Berry, Patient Experience Manager, Patient Public Involvement Team Organisation and Community Directorate, South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Daz101

Thank you for taking the time to raise your concerns regarding your experience with our service. We take feedback very seriously and would like the opportunity to consider how we might be able to improve the service that we provide. It would be really useful if you were able to contact us so that we can discuss your concerns further. Please feel free to contact Lou Hellard – Deputy Director Operations on 02032282917 to make a time to meet or to speak.

Best Wishes

Lou Hellard

Deputy Director: Inpatient and Complex Care services. Psychosis CAG.

South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust

Psychosis CAG| Maudsley Hospital | Felix Post Unit | 5 Denmark Hill | London | SE5

Telephone: 020 3228 6393 Internal: 86393 Fax: 020 3228 2643 Mobile: 07969587391