"A day In A & E"

About: Queen's Hospital, Burton Upon Trent

A very busy day in A&E on a Sunday. I came with my partner and the beds were all occupied . My partner had a nurse who looked after him very well and also myself. I was not a patient but I was also served with drinks not just once but most of the time we were in A & E. My partner's nurse was multi tasking from one patient to another. I can say that this nurse is brilliant and happy with her job. The department needs to know that she can be role model to other nurses. She smiled even she was in a lot of pressure for her patients were very poorly. What I did not like in A &E is when my partners nurse was talking to the alcholic patient she was treated very rudely, very racist by the patient. I don't know why some people does not know the word respect. I felt awful for the nurse. She has been working very hard and she does not need to be treated that way. Well all we can say is a big thank you for the excellent care we have received ,thank you!

Response from Queen's Hospital, Burton Upon Trent

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We are pleased that the treatment your partner received met with your expectations as part of our patient experience, and that you were also treated with respect. We shall pass on your comments to the department and once again thank you.