"Valentines Day in ED"

About: York Hospital

My treatment during a frightening experience can't be faulted. From the ambulance controller to the medic on a bike, the paramedics and the hospital staff in the ED. They not only looked after me exceptionally well but offered reassurance to my husband and friends who accompanied me. As a Scottish visitor to your beautiful city I have nothing but praise for the staff in the ED. The Doctor and nursing staff who attended me were professional at all times with a friendly, kind and calm manner and a sense of humour which I appreciated. They discussed everything with my husband and myself each step of the way and offered reassurance in a pleasant manner. I was treated with dignity and respect at all times and this was before they realised I am also a nurse. The atmosphere in the ED was quiet and calm at all times despite a lot of comings and goings. As I had been unconscious for a short spell I found it hard to get myself orientated but at no time felt rushed to get up and about. The advice given to me prior to my discharge was concise and clear to understand. All in all this was a very frightening experience for me but I feel I couldn't have been in better hands than the staff at your ED and would like to thank them very much for their wonderful care and understanding.

Response from York Hospital

Thank you very much for your posting. Your comments have been passed to the teams concerned. We are pleased that your visit to us was very positive; our aim is to provide a high standard of service which reflects the needs of patients.