"PCNL procedure - Ward 1/3"

About: Freeman Hospital

I recently received surgery to remove a number of kidney stones from my right kidney. I stayed for three days and have to say that it was the best care I've received from the NHS. My procedure was done very quickly and the doctors updated me on the procedure and post op treatment in an extremely timely manner. The nurses on the ward were constantly busy cleaning, monitoring their patients, and performing their other duties but were never so busy that they couldn't answer any questions I might have had. If I had one complaint it's that it's just impossible to sleep in hospital! But that's hardly the hospital's fault really. So, thanks again to the surgeons, the Urology specialists, and the nursing staff on the ward for making my stay as painless as possible and being a great example of the NHS in action.

Response from Freeman Hospital

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment on your recent experience on the Urology Unit at the Freeman Hospital. It is always encouraging to hear such positive feedback from our patients. We will make sure your kind words are shared with the staff on Wards 1 and 3 who will be greatly encouraged by your remarks. We trust that you are recovering well from your surgery.