"All mums-to-be avoid at all costs!"

About: Sunderland Royal Hospital

15 weeks pregnant and with a certain medical condition, I was cared for during one of my appointments by a "doctor". I was left to wait for about 45 minutes in a room when at the end I was given a printout regarding my condition! The information given by them, not only i already knew only through reading the specific books and while on the Internet, but it also seemed it was something they had just read on their iphone while in the toilet or whilst having "quick chat" with some of the senior doctors. I wasn't even informed for the appointment in question! I had received no letters or phone calls regarding the appointment and I found out about it in the last minute! Nobody even checks whether patients are aware of their appointment schedule or not! I'm not even going to start discussing the telephone service! Well below the bottom line! Very disappointing!

Response from Sunderland Royal Hospital

We are sorry your experience at the clinic was not to the standard we would expect. If you would like to discuss this in more detail with someone, please contact the PALS team either by phone (freephone 0800 587 6513) or email at pals@chs.northy.nhs.uk.