"Waste of time"

I couldn't move my arm and in agony. Went to St. Marks and was asked if I had called 111. When I said no I was told I could only see a nurse. Nurse was very nice but no good. He said I hadn't broken it, I didn't need a visit to the hospital to know that. Told to keep taking pain killers and see my G.P. On Monday. Didn't get to see a doctor. Had to wait as the receptionist wasn't in yet. Take it it was a 9am start! She walked in At 9.05, nothing like being being prepared for patients. Normally a great little hospital but not today.

Response from St Marks Hospital

Hello,

Thank you for your posting and please accept my apologies for the delay in responding. I am sorry that you were dissatisfied with the service provided here. The Minor Injuries Unit at St Marks Hospital is provided by East Berkshire primary Care Out of Hours Service. If you wish to discuss this further, please contact them at ebpc.complaints@nhs.net Tel: 0845 071 2024

Alternatively, you could contact your local Healthwatch organisation for assistance. Contact details can be found on our website www.berkshirehealthcare.nhs.uk

Yours Sincerely,