"nurse's worth their weight in gold"

About: Queen's Medical Centre

broke my ankle and had to wait 3 hours 20mins in a very busy A & E deparment. Had operation to fix broken ankle, and had 2 day stay in hospital i cannot give enough praise to the nurse's and the hard work they do, i was put in a room on my own as i was very nervous of staying in hospital. The treatment i received by all staff was excellent. They are worth their weight in gold. My only complaint was the length of time i had to wait for a ambulance to take me home it was 5 hours, the ambulance service to bring people home from hospital needs to be changed i had to take a ambulance home on 3 seperate occasions & had to wait 3 - 5 hours each time, that's not exceptable .

Response from Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust

Thank you for your comments and your kind words. We are glad to hear that you felt well treated well in our hospital, and that our colleagues in the Emergency Department and elsewhere in our hospital made particular efforts to help you feel better when you were nervous.

We are sorry to hear about the length of time you waited for the patient transport ambulance to take you home, and we will pass your comments there on to East Midlands Ambulance Service, who provide this service for us.