"Outstanding care and treatment."

About: Queen's Hospital, Burton Upon Trent

Recently I had breast cancer for a second time, after a gap of 22 years. I asked to be referred to Queens Hospital as, previously I had good treatment there. This time I found the Breast Care Unit was excellent: I was treated with compassion and dignity. The support was wonderful, I could always contact the unit if I was worried. I had six chemotherapy sessions at Queens Hospital, and once again, the care and support, were outstanding. The nurses and the oncologist, explained everything and there was a 24 hour helpline available, whilst I was having chemotherapy. Throughout the last 11 months I have come into contact with numerous departments, they all worked to a very high standard in terms of patient care, appointments came through quickly and the hospital was very efficient. Everyone was very supportive during a very traumatic time for me. Doctors and nurses have helped me tremendously and I am truely grateful to them, as I am to all the staff I have seen. The compassion, support and skill of all the staff are marvellous, I have had the privelege to meet some outstanding people at this hospital. Thank you so much.

Response from Queen's Hospital, Burton Upon Trent

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We are pleased that your patient experience met with your expectations and the care and support you received throughout your treatment was with consideration and respect. We shall pass on your comments to all the departments that have been involved with your care. Once again thank you.