"Maternity unit"

About: Basildon University Hospital

I wanted to say a huge thank you to all of the staff on the maternity unit. I was rushed in unexpectedly for an emergency C Section and wasn't expecting to have my baby at Basildon hospital. The care I received was fantastic. I found all of the staff from the cleaners through to the midwives and Doctors to be both professional yet personal. The unit was clean, friendly and I received a lot of help, advice and even a shoulder to cry on at 04:00! I can not recommend them enough for anyone considering having their baby here. I am also currently receiving excellent postnatal care. Thank you again for looking after me and ensuring the safe delivery of my first Daughter.

Response from Basildon University Hospital

Congratulations on the birth of your first daughter. We are really pleased that the care from the staff within the Maternity unit at Basildon and Thurrock University Hospitals helped to make this a good experience for you. We will be sure to pass on your kind words to the team, and thank you for taking the time to write your comments here.