"I was referred to the Royal Free ..."

About: Royal Free Hospital

I was referred to the Royal Free Hampstead in an emergency, by my GP. I spent about 6 hours in the hospital, both in the emergency room, and in the gynaecology ward. I was treated with great respect throughout and was overwhelmed by the care and consideration I was given by the many the people I was seen by that day, especially considering it was a Friday and the hospital was busy. I have been to several emergency rooms in my time, and my treatment this day far exceeded anything else I have experienced in this context. I felt throughout, that the staff genuinely cared about my ailment and were keen to get to the bottom of it.

This experience was repeated when I returned to the gynaecology outpatient department about 6 weeks later for a consultation. The staff again were very attentive and I genuinely felt they wanted to get to the root of my problem, going out of their way to help me.

I am only 28 and suffer from a chronic condition, and it makes a massive difference to be treated by people who really care, it helps me stay hopeful!

Thank you very much!

Response from Royal Free Hospital

We are delighted that you were so pleased with the care and attention you received on both your recent visits and very grateful that you took the trouble to write.