"Great Care from Scottish Ambulance Service and staff in EDU Ward"

About: Crosshouse Hospital / Accident & Emergency Scottish Ambulance Service / Emergency Ambulance

After taking ill with what turned out to be a Kidney Stone, my husband called an Ambulance as I writhed in pain unable to even speak. The ambulance was there in minutes and the 2 paramedics were fantastic.

On arrival at a busy A&E I was transferred to the EDU ward next to A&E and the nurses and doctors were fantastic. The ward was full however the Nurses were so helpful and made my stay as comfortable as could be.

Dear Cupcakemum,

This is great to hear thank you. I have seen many people with kidney stones in my career and in truth; I think it must be one of the most excruciatingly painful things to have. The speed at which you were treated will most certainly have made a huge difference to you.

I will take great delight to pass this post on to all those who deserve to hear your thanks. I do not know if it was Crosshouse or Ayr Hospital you attended but I will make sure they are both aware of this as well as the Ambulance service. It is great to know that your experience was so good. I hope you have made a full recovery,

Kind regards,

Eunice

Response from Daniel Quee, Communications Assistant, Scottish Ambulance Service

Dear Cupcakemum,

Thank you very much for your message, I'm really glad to hear that your experience of the Scottish Ambulance Service was such a good one and I would really like to pass on your comments to the crew involved. To do so, could you please email me some further information (like the date, time and your address etc) and I will find out who the attending crew were. Of course, it's completely up to you and if not, I'll pass on your comments to the divisional General Manager in the South West, Garry Fraser to pass on to his teams.

I hope that you're feeling much better and thanks again for your time.

Kind Regards,