"Excellent Care"

About: Wishaw General Hospital

My partner was admitted in early April. The hospital was extremely busy. However he was attended to very swiftly by the nursing staff.

Andy was of particular help reassuring me and even remembering my partner from his last admission. It really made us feel special in the way he went about his duties in such a professional, caring, and compassionate way. All with a smile.

While the NHS gets so much bad press if there were more staff with the same way of going about their duties as him and his team in Emergency Care Ward.

I would like to thank them for all their care and making this experience good.

Response from Marion Mark, Director of Hospital Services, Wishaw General Hospital, NHS Lanarkshire

Dear Zana33,

I’m sorry to hear that your partner had to be admitted to hospital, I hope he is feeling better now.

As you’ve mentioned, the Emergency Care Unit is a very busy place. Andy and his team work very hard, along with the doctors, to make sure their patients receive good care. We also realise the importance of including families and I’m pleased you also felt supported.

It will be my pleasure to pass on your feedback to Andy and all the staff in the Emergency Care Unit.

Thank you for getting in touch.