"Anyone here?"

About: Leeds Dental Hospital

Having waited for 22 weeks for an appointment, I was pleasantly surprised to be offered an appointment on Saturday 05/04/14. This I was told was due to the extensive waiting times suffered by patients. I turned for my appointment 25 minutes early as i have been in considerable discomfort for the last few months. Imagine my amazement when not only reception was unmanned, the hospital appeared top be deserted with most of the doors locked, no lights on and lifts out of action. After attempting to reach the dental institute for 45 minutes, stumbled across another couple in obviously the same state of confusion. Eventually we were advised by a stray N.H.S. employee to go to the Jubilee reception and ask the gentleman there to contact the Dental Hospital. Another fruitless exercise as all the phone lines were 'week days only'. This whole episode was degrading, tiring, frustrating involved considerable expense and was seemingly engineered to cause maximum inconvenience to patients. An official complaint will be following which no doubt will be summarily dismissed and/or ignored.

Response from Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Jacqui Wade

Thank you for posting your comment. We are sorry to hear about your experience. Please contact the Trust's Patient Advice and Liaison Service (P.A.L.S) on 0113 2067168 or email patient.relations@leedsth.nhs.uk and they will talk to you further about this.

With kind regards