"1st class treatment at Wishaw neonatal"

About: Wishaw General Hospital / Neo-natal Intensive Care

(as a parent/guardian),

I'm not sure if I'm on the right page but there's been a lot of negative things said about the staff at Wishaw neonatal.

I had twins at 26wks in Dumfries maternity unit. My kids were lucky to be able to both go to Wishaw NICU. They sent 2 ambulances down to Dumfries with a 4 man team each. It took them 4hrs to transfer them over as it's a very hard job.

They went to Wishaw where they received outstanding 1st class treatment. I cudny have asked for the most loving caring and top staff and never were my twins with out at least 1 nurse at their side.

I traveled everyday 150 miles up and down and I left my twins in their care as it was heart breaking to leave them. I knew that they were in no doubt in any danger. I rang a lot and never did they not tell me everything that was going on from feeding to bloods.

They are now in primary 2 and are doing great. Maybe if not for the excellent treatment they received they might not be here and 1 twin was very very poorly

Thanks to all u staff xx

Response from Marion Mark, Director of Hospital Services, Wishaw General Hospital, NHS Lanarkshire

Dear Samanthap

Thank you for your positive comments on the care your twins received at Wishaw General Neonatal Unit. I will pass on your comments to the staff who will be please to receive them and delighted to know the twins are doing well.

Best Wishes