"Extremely Rude Reception Staff"

About: Moorfields Eye Hospital (City Road)

All the doctor's and nurses were brilliant, but the reception staff were bad enough to completely put me off this hospital. I was in A&E last week (March) as one of my pupils was significantly larger than the other, and the doctor decided I needed to be referred to the Neuro department. I got an appointment for the week after as this case was urgent, but realised that day clashed with something else important I had to attend. When ringing up to re-arrange the member of staff rudely informed me that the next appointment was not until August! After explaining to him the urgency of this appointment, and how the first one was booked for just a week after my A&E visit, he rudely told me I was not a priority. I asked to speak to someone else and no luck. Horrendous treatment! I have since been referred to another Hospital for an MRI. Incredibly dissatisfied.

Response from Moorfields Eye Hospital (City Road)

I'm glad you had a good experience in A&E, but am sorry to hear about the subsequent problem with re-arranging your appointment. I will forward your comments to the neuro team so that they can improve the reception service for other patients in future.