"Walk-in GP"

About: Trafford Walk in Centre

I visited the walk in GP at Trafford General as I was working in the area and staying with a friend and had forgotten my daily medication. I went in to get a short supply of the medication until I could get an appointment at my local GP and until I was back in my local area. The GP/ nurse who dealt with me was extremely rude in meeting my needs. Speaking to me like a 12 year old they expressed that my home 'was not a million miles away' and that 'I should just drive home to collect my medication' (which is over an hour away and due to working commitments I explained I was unable to do so). They then carried on by saying "well you remembered your make up and underwear so how come you forgot your medication, that's not really our problem is it?".....so much for a helpful service. After much explaining they decided to give me a weeks supply (which was still not enough until I get home). I definitely will not be recommending anyone to use this walk-in and I definitely wont be using it again next time I'm working in the area. Thanks for making me feel like an idiot from the moment I walked in here to moment I walked out.

Response from Central Manchester University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Please accept our apologies for the delay in replying to this comment.

We were sorry to hear of your experience at the Walk-in Centre of the Trafford General Hospital. The Walk-in Center is under the jurisdiction of Mastercall Healthcare who use the facilities of the hospital to provide a walk-in clinic. We have forwarded your comment to Mastercall who should respond to you in due course.

The Patient Experience Team

Central Manchester University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Response from Trafford General Hospital

Please accept our apologies for the delay in replying to this comment. We were sorry to hear of your experience at the Walk-in Centre of the Trafford General Hospital. This centre is under the jurisdiction of Mastercall Healthcare who use the facilities of the hospital to provide a walk-in clinic. We have forwarded your comment to Mastercall who should respond to you in due course. The Patient Experience Team Central Manchester University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Response from Central Manchester University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

We are very sorry to receive your comments and concerns via the Patient Opinion website about your experiences on 2nd April 2014. It is very difficult to respond to the specific concerns you have raised without being able to investigate in detail. All issues surrounding patient care are taken very seriously and Mastercall who manage the Walk-in Centre at Trafford General Hospital, would very much like to hear from you directly about this. If you contact them, they will be more than happy to investigate further. You can contact the Complaints Department directly at complaints.mastercall@nhs.net.

The Patient Experience Team