"Physio was very helpful and understanding"

About: Telford referral and quality service (TRAQS) The Princess Royal Hospital / Physiotherapy

I had an appointment with Mr Critchlow, an orthopaedic specialist at the Princess Royal Hospital in November.

He strongly advised I needed two months of physio before having a knee replacement. During January I was informed by letter I would be having the operation in February.

My GP very quickly referred me for physio, stating it was urgent, because of the operation. I was very disappointed that the earliest appointment for physio was early Feb.

Hence I was not able to have two months of the much needed physio I had been waiting since early January.

On a positive note, Louise, who gave me physio, was very helpful and understanding, and also gave me exercises.

Response from Cathie McKenzie, Patient Advisor, TRAQS, NHS Telford and Wrekin CCG

Thank you for your feedback which is much appreciated. It is not clear whether your referral was processed by the TRAQS team but we note that your comments relate to Princess Royal Hospital NHS Trust and as such we are unable to comment on their behalf.

Please may we direct you the Patient Advice Liaison Officer (PALS). They will be able to take your comments further on behalf of the hospital.

PALS PRH - 01952 282888

Thank you again for taking the time to respond

Response from The Princess Royal Hospital

Thank you for your feedback which has been forwarded to the therapies manager Di Davis Patient Advice and Liaison Service Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust