"Where is the Dermatology Unit?"

About: Tameside General Hospital

I have an appointment tomorrow at the Dematology Unit. The only instructions I have been given are that it is in the Hartshead Building. This building appears huge from the map on the website. As I am disabled I rang up the hospital to ask where the Dematology unit is and the person who answered the phone did not know where the Dermatology unit is!!!! Unbelievable! I cannot walk far and I am worried that I may not be able to keep my appointment.

Response from Lindsay Stewart, Deputy Director of Nursing, Tameside and Glossop Integrated Care NHS Foundation Trust

I am sorry that we have not responded sooner to this and also that your call was not answered appropriately.

All patient's arriving in the Hartshead Building can book in at either entrance, we also have the volunteers situated at each entrance who have access to wheelchairs and motor scooters that will assist and give direction to departments as required.

Please be assured this has been passed onto all departments to ensure this does not happen again.

kind regards

John Goodenough

Director of Nursing

’Would you like to help the hospital to improve its services further? We are currently looking for patients and carers to become involved in a development called “Patient Stories”. We want to know more about our services from the point of view of those who received them – what was good, bad, what could be improved, what should be changed. Want to know more about what’s involved? Please contact John Goodenough, Director of Nursing at