"A&E excellent service!!"

About: Blackpool Victoria Hospital

I presented late on Friday evening with leg pain, concerned this might be DVT as I have a family history of this. Was seen initially by Primary Care doctor who didn't believe this would be DVT but arranged for A&E to take blood for analysis to confirm. At A&E I was seen promptly and efficiently, reexamined by an A&E doctor, the sample taken and analysed and the result carefully explained. At every stage I was treated promptly and with dignity. The staff are fantastic and handle a large volume of patients, especially on a weekend night. I cannot praise them highly enough... total professionals.

Response from Paul Jebb, Assistant Director of Nursing (patient experience), Clinical Governance, Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for sharing your experience of your care and treatment at Emergency Department. I'll make sure your appreciation is shared with the staff involved.

I'm pleased that our team in the department supported you so well and that you were treated quickly and everything was communicated clearly to you. Your comment will be reassuring for other patients who access these services, so thank you very much for your posting.

With best wishes for the future,

Paul Jebb

Assistant Director of Nursing (Patient Experience)