"Not happy with care for Achilles' tendon recovery"

About: University Hospital Of Hartlepool / Trauma and orthopaedics University Hospital Of North Tees / Trauma and orthopaedics

Had an appointment following surgery and a discussion was had over what I should do. I was told to come back in a further 2 weeks, and they would also arrange a physio appointment in 2 weeks. When leaving, I was unable to get an appointment in 2 weeks (as per guidance) so they said to come back in 4 weeks. They then said that there was no appointments available in 4 weeks so come back in 6.

I mentioned to the nurse that I only knew what was going on & expected over the next 2 weeks and was informed that the doctor said it was ok come back in 6 weeks. I visited the physio, who was unable to help as I was not told what to do after the 2 weeks were up & he could not help until he spoke to the doctor/consultant.

I am now in limbo & not working and do not how to proceed. I have received a letter from my visit after 13 days on what I needed to do up to day 14. The letter states that I would be seen in 2 weeks time with the 2 crossed out in pen and replaced with a 4, so they could not get the letter right either.

The nurse was unfriendly and not helpful and I feel that the care was not up to standard.

Response from Tim Mallender, Iain Wright's Office, MP for Hartlepool

Dear "Hop along",

I have just read of the difficulties that you are experiencing having been left with insufficient support following surgery. If you are a Hartlepool constituent, please feel free to get in touch on 224403 or e-mail iain.wright.mp@parliament.uk if you would like Iain to assist in getting a satisfactory resolution to the concerns that you have raised.

Response from University Hospital Of Hartlepool

We are sorry to hear you have had this experience. Please con act our patient experience team on 01642 624719 or email them at patientexperience@nth.nhs.uk. They are there to help. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment and please get in touch so our patient experience team can help sort this out for you.

Response from University Hospital Of North Tees

We are sorry to hear you have had this experience. If you wish to discuss your concerns please contact our patient experience team on 01642 624719 or email them at patientexperience@nth.nhs.uk. They are there to help. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on NHS Choices.