"Very Good Care"

About: Kent & Canterbury Hospital

I have just had surgery to remove my gallbladder as a day surgery patient on Kent Ward. I was extremely nervous as it was my first operation, but the staff were so positive and friendly it really relaxed me, they all enjoyed a laugh and a joke which helped my nerves a lot. I didn't wait too long for the surgeon to come and chat with me about the op, followed soon after by the anaesthetist. Ward staff were helpful in finding out when I was going to theatre, the porter was very funny and made my trip down to theatre a pleasant journey, not the scary journey i was expecting. I woke up after the op and was taken back to the ward, offered food and drink and pain relief, half hourly obs, and given time to recover at my own pace. I wouldve liked to have seen the surgeon or consultant afterwards to know how it had been, and i wasn't given any information as to when or how I will get a check up, so this is an area to be improved on, as I have no idea about my diet now so have had to look it up online.

Dear Lisa, thank you very much for providing us with feedback and I am very glad to see that we were able to allay your fears. Staff and the whole team (including our porters) will really appreciate your feedback.

I have made a note to raise the aspect of post operative information with ward staff, this is normally undertaken well, and so I am disappointed that we have not provided you with the information. I will see if a member of staff can ring you to talk you through the information and to arrange for this to be sent you.

I do hope that you continue to recover well from your operation.